Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

What's the Most Embarassing Song on Your iPod?

When my in-laws came to visit this summer, we played a game that I stole from a magazine called "What's the Most Embarassing Song on Your iPod?" It was fun; mostly because I think I won. Anyway, P & K's Mommy's post about her rockin' time at an Alison Krauss concert got me thinking about how eclectic our music tastes can be. I never would have dreamed that you liked Alison Krauss, Arlene! That's so awesome! For some reason, I just assumed it was a requirement to live in the Midwest or South before you could enjoy good country music.

I thought I would give some insight into myself by letting you in on some of my song picks on my iPod. A few of my recent downloads are:
  • "Remember When" Alan Jackson
  • "When You Were Young" The Killers
  • "London Bridge" Fergie
  • "Remember the Name" Fort Minor featuring Styles of Beyond
  • "Jesus Walks" Kanye West
  • "Proof" Coldplay
  • "I'm a Slave 4 U" Britney Spears
  • "Grillz (Dirty)" Nelly featuring Paul Wall, Ali & Gipp
  • "Testarossa" Sir Mix-A-Lot
  • "I'd Die Without You" P.M. Dawn
  • "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own" U2
  • "Bulls on Parade" Rage Against the Machine
  • "Crazy Bitch" Buckcherry
  • "A Thousand Miles" Vanessa Carlton
  • 8 Aerosmith songs
  • 4 Christina Aguilera songs
  • 5 Evanescence songs plus "Broken" Seether & Amy Lee (Can you tell I love Amy Lee?)
  • 5 George Strait songs
  • 18 Kid Rock songs, people (I would divorce Bill in a second for my Kid Rock)
  • 9 Limp Bizkit songs (I LOVED the entire Chocolate Starfish And The Hot Dog Flavored Water album)
  • 5 Prince songs
  • 6 Stone Temple Pilots songs

My taste in music is almost schizophrenic in how eclectic it is, isn't it? I mean, why must we be pigeon-holed into liking only one or two genres? Yes, I enjoy Rage Against The Machine as well as George Strait. So sue me!

By the way, to answer my own question - "Good Vibrations" Marky Mark and The Funky Bunch. Stop laughing! It's a good song to dance to. What's your most embarassing song? Be sure and leave me a comment and let me know so I can hopefully feel a little bit better about myself.

3 comments:

Double A's Mom said...

Dude, what? I thought you'd be so proud of me with the Kanye and Nelly and whatnot. Of course, this is me we're talking about, so you know I really have to ease into it.

Anonymous said...

I love the Marky Mark. So super sweet! It doesn't surprise me all that much though--that Marky Mark is HOT. And we all know it's about the hotness.

Daisy Chick said...

OMG - That is sooo funny cause Good Vibrations was playing on the radio last night!!(and of course i was beepopping along)

If you think that is bad, then in my head I envision Tony and I's first dance to be to Paul Abdul's Forever Your Girl - but that is if we could actually dance which both of us can't.

I have an eccletic taste too - so don't feel bad. *stands up* "i just want to let everyone know, I am a top 40's lover. Thank you.....thank you very much..."