Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Monday, November 6, 2006

Come Catch a Ride on the Pineapple Express!

We're drowning up here, people. Apparently we have something called the Pineapple Express over us right now, which is a jet stream that brings very moist, warm air from Hawaii. This means record rainfall plus higher snow levels in the mountains. So what does more rainfall and less snow mean? You guessed it - flooding. You know you live in Washington when they cancel school due to rain rather than snow. I guess I don't blame bus drivers who don't want to drive through the streams that have formed over the roads. According to King 5, our local NBC station, normal rainfall measurements at Sea-Tac for the month of November is 5.90 inches. As of today, 6.39 inches was recorded at Sea-Tac for November. It's only November 6th and we've already surpassed normal measurements for the ENTIRE MONTH!

I don't really mind the rain here. I look at it as the price you pay for the gorgeous summer months we have around here. However, I am afraid that my poor little spoiled puppy is going develop both a bladder infection and constipation because she does not enjoy getting her tootsies wet at all. Not even to go to the bathroom. This should be a fun few days.

2 comments:

threeforme said...

Just had to say, since it's here next to it, I'm loving the Cox quotes. Oh, so perfect. When is the new season going to start, anyway?

Double A's Mom said...

November 30th, baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a little excited. Just a little.