Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Monday, November 20, 2006

And So It Begins...

The craziness that will be our lives for the next few weeks, that is. Tonight is the last night that Bill, Aaron and I will get to sleep in our own beds for a long time (My Reagan is getting to sleep in her own bed, but at Lisa's house!). It is also the last night we will spend in this house. I am deeply saddened by this but am trying not to show it because I'm a good Air Force wife. O.K., maybe not, since the whole world knows that I'm sad. This house was our first new house that we bought together, the house where we had our first child, etc., etc., etc. I picked out the carpet, we painted the walls a color we got to choose, I even picked out the tile backsplashes in the bathrooms. I have become very attached to this house and this state and this assignment and I should not have done that. Hopefully I will learn my lesson during the next assignment. Anyway, California, here we come. Well, via Thanksgiving in Missouri, of course. We can't wait to see you Papa and Aunt Bethanie!

4 comments:

Q said...

It made me extremely sad to realize that Reagan will never step into this house again. Sometimes I wish I was the dog...living in the moment and not subject to these types of emotions. Well, at least we'll have great memories. I wonder if Reagan will remember this place in a couple of years...I hope so.

Jen said...

I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving! I wish you the best of luck with you move. I can only imagine how difficult that must be!

Pam Francis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pam Francis said...

Billy made me sad...I remember the last time I went to grandma's farm house in Kingsville and when we left I was like I will never see that farm house again or be here again. It still is pretty emotional when you think about it.

The other thing I always wondered when traveling with Lilly when she was little was did she think we were moving every time we went on extended stay somewhere. Think about it, as a little one, you never know if its going to be permanent. In fact last summer when we visited grandma in humansville she had asked if we were going to live there and if Daddy would be coming.

Anyway, enjoy your new home, maybe sometime before we go to a retirement home I'll get to move to a new one too.