Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Thursday, November 9, 2006

My Heart Melted Tonight...Again

Tonight Daddy returned home from San Antonio where he has been for the past four weeks or so. I was very concerned about how Aaron would react to him. I even gave Bill the "don't get your feelings hurt" speech because I was worried that Aaron would be indifferent to him like he is to every stranger on the street. Maybe even a little scared or, at the very least, stand-offish. As it turns out, I didn't give my son nearly enough credit. From the moment Bill got in the car when we picked him up at the airport, he had Aaron giggling and talking (well, Aaron talk, that is.) When we got home, Bill chased Aaron around the house and played with him like they were old pals. Aaron reached his arms up for Bill to pick him up, which he usually doesn't do for anyone except me. I absolutely loved every minute of it.

My poor heart isn't going to be able to take this child-raising thing for very much longer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww! So glad Daddy's back! Now I can follow through with my evil plans to hide him away so he can't move you to the deserts of California...