Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Check Me Out...

Last Thursday, Bill's school held a Spouse Appreciation Day where we were given a choice either to fly in a glider or C-12, or do a high speed taxi ride in a T-38. I chose the T-38, mainly because the glider scared me (hello, I need engines) and, really, when would I have another chance to ride in a little, fast airplane like the T-38? Never. I will admit, though, I was scared to death, even though we never actually got off the ground. I made sure I knew how to unbuckle myself and get out should, you know, the airplane decide to spontaneously explode or something. I'm not a good driver, either. The pedals to steer the thing were backwards to me and they weren't very sensitive to the touch, so I kept cutting the plane really sharp in the wrong direction. I was good on the throttle, though, and I made the airplane go really fast!! I even wore a patch with "Mrs. Q" on it! O.K., you may throw up now. Here are pictures and a video from our day.




3 comments:

Chelle said...

That looks ridiculously fun. Glad you are safe and enjoyed it! One day until the half marathon. YIPPEE! Sending all good thoughts and vibes your way....

Erin said...

That's so cool!

Organized Chaos said...

I like how you're holding his helmet bag like a purse in the top picture. Nice.

You must have borrowed a flight suit? I got to do the same taxi with Brad in a tweet and had to borrow a flight suit from the shortest guy in the class...Brad's 42 extra long looked a little funny on me!