Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Friday, May 11, 2007

Holy Crap, That Must Have Been Some Pretty Good Crack I Had Tonight...

7.5 miles. That's what I ran tonight. Running...for 1 hour and 14 minutes straight...with people who are WAY skinnier than me. What was I thinking? And now these crazy people are making me think, with a couple more weeks training, that I can run a half marathon with them on June 2nd. I have injuries, people. I have a blister on the bottom of my foot and this weird rub burn underneath my arm where my arm fat kept rubbing up against my sleeveless shirt. So 5.6 more miles on top of this torture?

Excuse me while I go fetal.

5 comments:

Chelle said...

OH come on, you already did 7.5, what's a few more miles? That's all how it starts. You will be doing the half marathon, the challenge will be too big not to. And for the undearm rub? Use "body glide," great stuff to prevent that. Have fun training for that half marathon :)

Organized Chaos said...

SWEET! Congrats...I still haven't tried farther then 5 miles!

I did a 1/2 marathon back in college and only ran as far as 9 miles in my training...you could do it!

Random...body glide...came with my wet suit that I got for the triathlons and it comes highly recommended.

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

I'm truly frightened. What's with all you crazy people and your body GLIIIIIIIDE?

Hahahaha!

However, did you see that I ran? 2/3 mile?!?! I'm kicking ASS!!!

(I think I'm losing it.)

L

Daisy Chick said...

Dude - how do you do it? I don't have even a fraction of that will power!!!! I am playing soccer and lost 15 pounds in the last 6 months. But I can't just run to run. And there is no way I could run more than a mile!!!!!!!

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!

threeforme said...

You are my HERO! But, still think anything with the word "marathon" in it is for psychotic people. I only did a lousy 2 miles today. So so pathetic. But I was tired. And it's Monday. And my friend was having a conversation with me. I can't talk and run people!