Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Monday, May 14, 2007

Checklist for an Awesome Mother's Day

  • Boy, therefore parents, sleeps in until 8:45 a.m.
  • Receive hand-painted Mother's Day present with totally cute picture of the boy inside.


  • Boy, Daddy, Mommy and Reagan play together all morning with no temper tantrums.
  • Daddy makes awesome breakfast scramble but Mommy is strong enough to only try one bite while her Lean Cuisine warms up.
  • Put boy down for nap, which he does complaint-free.
  • Have the couch all to herself (well, except for the puppy who likes to snuggle) while watching her movie that came in the mail, Walk the Line. Cry for the first time in a long time during a movie. You must see it.
  • Spend the rest of the day cleaning up, doing laundry and other odds and ends that never seem to get done during the week.
  • MOST IMPORTANT - NEVER CHANGE OUT OF PAJAMAS. Heck, yeah!!!!

5 comments:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Yesterday? A good day to cry.

I love you.

L

Daisy Chick said...

Walk The Line was a great movie. I cried too. Glad you had a good momma's day!

Chelle said...

The whole day in pajamas, now that is a good day!

Amy said...

Aaron is quite the painter... I think I may see a future for him! He does great work for a one-year-old.

Pam Francis said...

I remember when I got to sleep to 8:45 a.m. and beyond, those were good times, now I have a four year old that likes to wake up about 6:30 a.m. even on the weekends and greet us with (and I kid-you-not) a rooster crow.