Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Pictures

For some reason, I've had more giddity-up-and-go recently about getting all my photos uploaded to Flickr. This means that I have been digging deep into my computer to go back and get some from a long time ago. Every once in a while, I will come across a picture that slams me directly in the heart, like this one for instance:


This picture of me and Lisa was taken on May 21, 2005. Baby Jalyn was going to be born in exactly 10 days (her momma was lucky enough to have a c-section scheduled) and my Aaron was coming in 27 days (also due to a c-section, but the surprise kind. Turns out a 5'3'' frame really shouldn't be forced to hold 179 pounds, and will revolt by raising your blood pressure to scary levels. Notice I didn't round up to 180. The scale never turned that corner, and I was very proud of that little accomplishment!). Lisa was her typically bubbly self with her grin that was always reassuring to me. As for me? I was looking a little tired in this picture. 'Cause I was! Tired of being pregnant; tired of wearing the same things over and over because, at that point, only a few things fit; tired of my freakishly swollen feet. But Lisa, having already done this with sweet Coley-girl, was always there to reassure me that people have babies all the time! You'll get through this!

I love and miss you, my friend.

Side Note: Here are our jackhole husbands striking the same pose, with their skinniness and whatnot. What-evah!

3 comments:

Ginger said...

So. This is my future.. I'm not sure how I feel about it because I think you and Lisa look great! The sacred goddesses - creating a HUMAN BEING and what not.. That's amazing!
The boys, on the other hand, actually look a little bit metrosexual in their pose.(not that there's anything wrong with that. We should embrace all of God's jackholes.. I mean children. Men?)
And I can say that because my husband and John get along way too well, probably like your husband and John do. That means that my husband would gladly pose in the picture with those two.. In fact, I think he is practicing in the other room.

Chelle said...

I agree with Ginger, on all counts! Andy would do that pose as well, mainly because he's crazy. I think you and L look adorable with your round bellies. I would just assume adopt so as to not go through all that, but we're trying to reconcile all of that....

Daisy Chick said...

OMG - All I can say is.......I am so glad you jumped off that cliff before me. The only thing that helps the freak out of it all is......billions of women have done this before me......but we're going to jsut practice for the next year. :)