Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Uh, Oh...

Well, it's finally happened. With all this speech therapy talk, I didn't think I would have to worry about this for a while.

Yesterday, in the car on the way back from town, Aaron said his first cuss word.

See, there's this certain song by Fergie called "London Bridge." And, of course, Mommy only downloads the true and pure EXPLICIT version of every song from iTunes. The song starts out with sirens and Fergie's singers belting out proudly "Oh Sh*@! Oh Sh*@!, over and over and over. This song came on and, all of a sudden, Bill and I hear from the back seat "Shi, Shi, Shi."

I won't lie to you. At first, I was quite proud of my little boy. But then Mommy mode kicked in and I changed the song.

Crap, there goes "Hollaback Girl" too! Oh, well.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Hey he's able to make the SH sound! That's something to be proud of! This story made me laugh! Thanks for sharing!!

Ginger said...

Are you sure you don't want Aaron to grow up "street"? There is a certain advantage to that, you know..
(grin)
Funny story!

Ginger said...

Damn! I mean darn it.
Funny post! Now that he can say curse words, I'd start teaching him insult basics if I were you. Maybe start with the funnier British ones like "Jog on, you muppit tit wanker". Or maybe go Canadian - "Take off, you knob!!"
Americans have no imagination in this arena. No wait! There are all of the "yo mama" jokes. But still, when teaching curse words/ insults, I'd definitely go international..

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

So speaking of Fergie, Coley can sing "Big Girls Don't Cry" from start to finish, complete with arm flourishes.

The entire song.

I wonder if it's just Fergie that should worry us.