Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

So Apparently It IS Possible to Grow Stuff in the Desert

I was bored again this morning after I took Aaron to the CDC, so I went down to Lowe's and bought some more plants. I went Petunia Crazy a few weeks ago and have since grown pretty bored of them.

My new hanging plant. It looks kind of sickly, so the Lowe's lady gave me a discount. Hopefully I won't make it worse.

The coolest flowers I think I have ever seen. They're called Platycodon and these are "Sentimental Blue." So rad.

My flower bed out front. Looks a lot better after I weeded it and pulled some of the dead plants out. Something's been nibbling on them so I'm not sure how long these will last.

Aaron helped.

I hope the heat breaks soon so these plants will have a fighting chance. Because you know I have to keep up with this one, who thinks she can make her base house look prettier than mine. O.K., she can and she will, but I can at least try, can't I?

3 comments:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

BRING it! Those snapdragons and petunias have nothing on my BULLET HOLE!!!!

Oh. Uh.

I need to revamp my planters -- they are all looking sad. Notice I have no pictures of them. Maybe some mums for fall.

Does the desert HAVE fall?

Amy said...

I am impressed that you are trying. I've given up... mainly because I don't want the water spots on my car! How lame. Plus, the sprinklers broke for a few days while I was on vacation and the flowers are toast! Fall will be here soon, maybe I'll try again...

mama rose said...

Hey there! You all look like you're doing really well. I can't believe how big Aaron is now! He truly is all boy. And it seems those little boys know nothing better than to keep us moving and on our toes every second they are awake. I can't believe the energy they have!! Your flowers are beautiful, and take it from me - yes, this El Paso girl knows first hand that you CAN grow flowers in the desert. Go for it!

You'll be surprised how many surprises there are about life in the desert.