Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My New Friend



Duct tape. I was really hoping it wouldn't come to this but, after this morning, I knew I had to finally do something. This morning was the fourth time in two weeks that I've had to clean up Aaron's bed because he decided to take off his poopy diaper and play in it. I know, horrifying, right? I'm only going to tape his diaper on before naptime and bedtime because these are the only times that he gets away with getting it off; while we're out here thinking he's blissfully sleeping, he's in his room making the Mess of All Messes. So, any ideas as to why he's doing this? I've heard everything from "He must be ready to be potty trained" (Yeah, I don't think so) to "He's just bored" (Really? So it's fun to play with your dirty diaper?). Growl...

Thanks for the duct tape idea, Lis. You've saved me yet another motherhood headache.

5 comments:

Erin said...

SMART. I never would've thought of that. We found Avery without her diaper one morning (she was wearing a nightgown) but thankfully everything was dry. I'll remember the duct tape next time!

Chelle said...

Glad I didn't take a drink of water prior to reading that, I would have spit it out laughing! Sorry, but yea for duct tape! :)

Organized Chaos said...

Sorry to laugh at your expense...but that is hysterical! Leave it to Lisa to have an idea like duct tape!

Julia Stewart said...

Stacie - Have no fear... I have a friend whos little girl would do the exact same thing... drove her MAD!

She used tape too. She would also put her sleepers on backwards so that she couldn't get the zipper down.

It took a while, but once she broke her of the habit she just quit.

Stay strong sister :-)

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

How's it working? Do you still have to do this?