Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Monday, August 27, 2007

I Love the Desert

O.K., not really. It's too hot here. It's still getting into the 100's everyday and my swamp cooler can't keep up. Whine, whine, whine. Oh, well. I guess I won't be complaining so much when I'm still able to run outside in December.

We have some pretty interesting wildlife in our neighborhood, though. This morning, I went running along the desert on the outskirts of our neighborhood and had a coyote cross my path. It scared me a little bit but I just went very slowly the long way around him and he just stopped and watched me run away. There are also rumors of a bobcat in our neighborhood. This scares me a little bit too so I keep an eye on Reagan now when she's in the backyard. Then this was in our front yard this afternoon:


A roadrunner! How cool is that?

1 comment:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Man, that roadrunner is cool. But the others? Not so much. Be careful on your runs, dude!

Of course you're so buff now you could probably kick some coyote ass!