Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Friday, September 29, 2006

Lisa Wants Us to Do This

Lisa got an idea from a book called No One Cares What You Had For Lunch: 100 Ideas For Your Blog by Margaret Mason in which bloggers should stop painting themselves in the best light on their blogs and actually get real for once, ugliness and all. With the brutal honesty will hopefully come a better understanding of the blogger and maybe even a deeper friendship. Lisa wrote her list of things you may not know about her in this post and asked all of her blogger friends to do the same. O.K., Lis, here's my list. Hopefully you'll still be my friend at the end.

  • I was in Air Force ROTC for three semesters in college. I quit because they were about to kick me out due to my poor grades and PT scores. I came out of it with a husband, though, so it's all good!
  • Speaking of college, it took four schools and seven years for me to finally finish my B.S. Half of those years can be blamed on my poor decisions. The other half I firmly yet lovingly blame on the Air Force.
  • I too, like Erin, am afraid of the dark. Actually, I wouldn't say afraid, just have a sharp distaste for. There's a difference. THERE IS!! I have a total of seven night lights scattered throughout my 1500 sq. ft. house.
  • I also am afraid of water. Nothing has ever happened in my life to warrant this. I just have an extremely active imagination and my number one fear is to drown in a car that has ended up in a body of water.
  • I'm pretty sure I have a little of the OCD. I check locks about fifty times and constantly worry that my curling irons are somehow going to set the wall on fire and cause my house to burn down.
  • Bathtubs and pools that aren't PERFECTLY clean gross me out to the max. I have the hardest time getting in the toddler pool at the YMCA because of what MIGHT be in there, but I do it for my Aaron.
  • When my husband first told me that my mother had died, my brain immediately went to suicide and I was very angry. I mean, why else would a 46-year-old woman pass away? Then I found out that it was actually an aneurysm and now I am truly ashamed of myself for even remotely thinking for a second that she would be that incredibly selfish. I'm sorry, Mom.
  • I am a proud Democrat. I am pro-choice, pro-gay rights and even pro-Bill Clinton. So sue me!
  • When I was in high school and even into college, I used to sneak my boyfriends into my room at night when my parents were asleep. Our house was fairly old and had been added onto many times, so my room was all the way across the house from my parents' and it even had its own front door leading outside. Sorry, Dad.
  • It still surprises me when people say to me, "I can't believe you're a mom!" I can't remember what it was like to not be one.
  • I love to go jogging. Love, love, LOVE to go jogging. I never knew what endorphins were until I started jogging up to Highway O and back to my house in Missouri. I would love to join some sort of marathon or cross country team.
  • I love to do counted cross stitch.
  • I am sometimes jealous of my husband's "job coolness."
  • I still feel guilty for being a SAHM.
  • I have been extremely shy all of my life and have been told on more than one occasion that this makes me come off as a snob. I'm really not! You might have to make the first move, but I promise I'm a nice person!

Well, there you go, the nitty gritty of what makes me me. I could go on but I don't want to bore you. I'm sure that you have probably learned something new; maybe something good, maybe something that you don't particularly care for. Are we still buds?

7 comments:

Jen said...

Hi! You don't know me but I am one of Lisa's life long friends and I am also her cousin! I was surfing through her blog to see how many people she was able to convinece to write these lists! Anyways I don't know you but could relate to you in a few ways.

People think I too am a snob because I am shy. I have so many friends tell me they thought I was a snob but now they think I am pretty cool!

I too lost my mom at an early age. She was only 49!

Anyways I hope you don't mind me commenting on you blog!

Jen

Double A's Mom said...

Hi Jen! Thanks so much for commenting! I love comments!

I am sorry about your mother. I was with Lisa the day that she passed away. She told me what had happened and I could tell that her heart was broken.

Thanks for feeling my pain about the whole shyness thing! It really sucks sometimes.

Thanks again for the nice comment!

Anonymous said...

You guys are making me cry all over the place tonight! Geez. I should have brought the tissues.

Anyway, Stace, of course we are still only THE best of buds! It's funniest to me that you used to sneak guys into your room. Jen could tell some stories about me on THAT one. But it cracks me up that you put it here! Also, HELLO, now we'd be like, you gotta go out? Ok, get on OUT of here now so I can watch me some TiVo and drink my Mike's in peace!

Funny how things change.

Your honesty makes me want to hug you tight. I love you, Staci! (And I never thought you were a snob--I had you figured out in NO time!)

Tonia said...

I have the same snob problem.

Daisy Chick said...

You used to sneak your boyfriends in your room at night and you never told me????????? AHHHHHH. LOL While I am bummed I wasn't part of the secret operation, your confidentiality/secret keeping is one of the things i love the most about you.

People think you are a snob?????? That blows me away. People must think I am the world's biggest b*tch then. I don't think I have ever had one moment in the past 20 years of knowing you where the word snob or standoffish entered my brain when I thought of you.

What is a SAHM?

Double A's Mom said...

SAHM = Stay at home mom.

Yeah, about the snob thing, I got a lot of that when we first went to high school. Specifically in my Algebra II class with all those juniors and seniors and I was petrified!! (Mmmmmm. Oh, sorry. I was thinking of Sean Moore and got distracted. Remember him? Yeah, you know what I'm talkin' about!).

Pam Francis said...

Bill married a Democrat? He must be gay (Just kidding.) I am not brave enough to do a list like that, but it let me know a lot about you and yes, I still like you.