Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Monday, September 4, 2006

Maybe I Could Handle This More-Than-One-Kid Thing!

Last week, Aaron's best friends Coley and Jalyn came over to play while their Moma went to have her hair done. Having all three of them together is always interesting, to say the least, but it was made pretty easy for me since Coley and Jalyn came over in the morning while Aaron was taking his morning snooze. By lunchtime, however, they were all awake and hungry! So I strapped them in, turned on some Little Einsteins to keep them distracted and I made lunch. And look how happy they all seem! Yay! I have learned, though, that dealing with more than one kid definitely involves efficiency and organization, but also being O.K. with that fact that you will be pulled in several directions at once and if one kid is wearing mismatched socks while the other one is playing in the dry bathtub (yeah, I totally found Coley in there at one point), THAT'S ALRIGHT! Thanks for yet another lesson in motherhood, Lis.

Update: I have been told by someone very close to me that this post sounds as if I'm trying to tell people in a roundabout way that I'm pregnant again. Let me just clear that up right now - I'm not! We are planning on having another kid, just not for a couple years. Sorry about that, Dad!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Another thing you did great? Keeping them SEPARATED while strapped in their chairs. Yeah, nothing like kids beating on each other because I accidentally put them TOO CLOSE together.