Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Friday, March 30, 2007

Vote, You Will!

I'm not sure how many of you are aware of this, but I am a closet Star Wars geek. I love it! I was only a month old when Star Wars came out (1977) but I distinctly remember my dad taking me to The Empire Strikes Back (1980) and Return of the Jedi (1983) in the movie theater, which would have made me three and six years old, respectively. How cool is that! Anyway, the USPS is coming out with a fifteen-stamp Stars Wars pane in honor of the movie's 30th anniversary (and yes, do the quick correlation in your head - I'm turning 30 is less than a month! Augghhh!) and is allowing you to vote on your favorite individual stamp, which will be made into its own sheet. These will be available May 25th. You can vote everyday so vote, you will!

In the meantime, here is Aaron who happened to go trick-or-treating as Baby Yoda last Halloween. Isn't he cute? This is the picture that I had taken at the YMCA. Did I mention that I LOVE my new photo scanner?!?

7 comments:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Dude, that lightsaber still cracks me up.

I'm no better than Q.

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

AND I totally voted for Yoda.

Double A's Mom said...

I can't decide so I've been voting for different ones every day. Even though Bill and I decided that we're not going to vote for stamps from the newer movies, just the old school ones 'cause we're nerds like that!

Q said...

It's not that we're nerds. The stamps are coming out for the 30th Anniversary. Should you really vote for an image from a movie only 2-5 years old? It should really be an older picture from the first 3 movies (I know they aren't all 30 years old, but they're the legacy movies).

Pam Francis said...

When I was 5 my dad took me to see the first Star Wars. Bill was too little so he stayed home with mom. I really don't feel so old about Star Wars, when Monster Inc. came out, in front of it was a 20th anniversary for E.T. and that was probably 5 years ago. We just kind of looked at each other in disbelief that it had been so long ago.

P.S. I agree with Bill, only old images should rule. Personally I have a soft spot in my heart for the homo-robot C3PO.

Pam Francis said...

P.S. I had R2D2 underoos.

Double A's Mom said...

SO DID I!!!!! Awesome.