Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Friday, March 30, 2007

31:16

This was my time this morning when I ran my very first 5K. Not a 5K race, mind you. That would be madness. One of the girls in my TPS spouses' group went out with her GPS and found an awesome route around our neighborhood that equals 3.1 miles or 5 kilometers. I ran it for the first time this morning and, man, it was hard. I mean, I knew it would be hard, since I'm only used to running 1.5 miles at a time (what we had to do in AFROTC), but to keep going for twice that long - well, let's just say I'm gonna be hurtin' in the morning. I went online, though, to try to get some perspective as to how bad my time really sucked by looking at 5K race results and, as it turns out, my time was just about average! I can deal with average! So my plan is to put a cool sidebar table or whatever on my blog so that I can keep track of my times plus be held somewhat accountable since other people will see my progress. That's my plan...but for now, I'm going to go take a nap!

5 comments:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Yay! Go Stace! I'm so proud and impressed!

You should totally put it on your sidebar because then you are running FOR YOUR BLOG. And it doesn't get any better than that.

Organized Chaos said...

Way to go! Maybe I can convince you to try triathlons? Not that I've actually completed one myself, yet...but if I can do it then you can.

Q said...

Too bad Staci can't swim or bike!!

Double A's Mom said...

It's true...the only thing I like to do (or can do as my husband so lovingly put it) is run.

Pam Francis said...

Biking is overrated it makes your butt hurt.