Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

A Very, VERY Good Day

Today Aaron actually let me work out for a whole hour without sending the nice ladies in the YMCA nursery to come get me because he was too hysterical to stay in there. We have not been having a very good time in the nursery over the past few weeks and I had given up hope of going all together. This week, however, I have been extremely restless for some reason with the idea that I needed to SWEAT! I guess I've had too much couch and TiVo time and my body was telling me to get up off my butt. So I decided to brave the nursery again and just crossed my fingers the whole time that I wouldn't hear a tiny voice behind me saying, "Um, are you Aaron's mom?" I'm pretty sure they have to hold him the whole time or he cries, but, man, the jogging was SO worth the guilt.

I hope I haven't just jinxed myself because we're going to try again on Thursday. Pray for us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Yay! A red-letter day! I'm so glad for you, Stace!

I was feeling a little guilty for having kids who went right into childcare so I could sit on my butt and watch those swim lessons and do nothing!

threeforme said...

I can't believe they come get you. At mt gym they just call for you over the PA. I have a system for that, though: iPoD cranked as loud as it can go. What? Whose child is screaming? I can't hear nothing.

mama rose said...

Yippee!! Yes, it's so nice when you're able to work out without the dreaded interruption of the gym lady coming to summon you back to the nursury. I hope he continues to be happy in the nursury! You need those workouts and time on your own! It does a world of good.