Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Do You Ever Have One Of Those Days...

...where the kids drive you insane? I had one of those today. Aaron and I have been cooped up in this house for the past couple days because it has been cold and rainy outside and I wanted him to get over this massive cold that he's had since the weekend (this cold developed into bronchiolitis, which involved breathing treatments, inhalers and oral steroids. So much fun for me.). I can sense the cabin fever in him because he's been extraordinarily clingy, whiny and just overall bad. Case in point:


What is wrong with this picture? Oh, let me count the ways:
  1. He still has his pacifier in his mouth and his blankie at his side. The only place that he should have these two items in his possession is in his bed. However, when he woke up from his nap and I tried to take said items from him, he SCREAMED bloody murder. And you know, it's just that kind of day where it's much easier for me to let him be bad than fight it. You know what I'm talking about. You've had those days and you know it.
  2. He is playing in our shower.
  3. Even though our shower is relatively clean, it still grosses Mommy out so much that he has the blankie that he sleeps with at night in the shower with him that I have to immediately throw it in the hamper and get him a new, clean one to drag around the house.
  4. Why must he always pull his socks off?

I have to love him, right?

2 comments:

Tonia said...

Yes, we must love them! Rece won't keep his socks on either. Do you fight it all day or just let their feet get cold??? I have had 2 weeks of what you just described! Does it end???

Erin said...

Playing in the bathtub/shower is what my girls want to do all the time. Why is that? Why oh why do they want to play where you are washing off the dirt from the day?!

I hope it gets better soon. Avery's battling a cold (and me too!) and it's been a little difficult, to say the least.