Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Stupid Camera That's Smarter Than Me





Well, this was my attempt at playing with the camera settings on my new Nikon, trying to get the pictures that I want. So far, the only setting that I like is No Flash. How lame is that? And they mostly come out blurry. I know, I know. I need to read the manual. My head just really hurts between the camera and trying to figure out all the bells and whistles on our new van.

I know, I'm so sad with all my new toys, right?

P.S. Isn't my little boy really starting to look like a little man? He's so handsome and growing up so fast. O.K., there's the brain trauma freeze I spoke of earlier.

3 comments:

Daisy Chick said...

new technology is no fun if you have to read the manual :)

Yes Aaron is a handsome little boy. Wait till his first day of school - let the tears begin!!!!

Erin said...

When you don't use the flash, try setting the white balance on "incandescent" (which it looks like you already did) and bump up the ISO to 640 or so. It helps eliminate the blurriness. Sometimes not, though. It's always fun to mess with the camera and try different things. I didn't read much of my manual either! :)

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

I am just now starting to read the manual, and I'm telling you, it HELPS! So pick ONE thing you want to work on and focus on that. Right now, in case you didn't notice, I am working on depth of field, and using the aperature-priority controls on the camera with it. I'll move on to shutter speeds later.

Your Nikon has an ISO setting of 640? Wow. That's pretty specific!

Aaron looks amazingly adorable.

And hey -- you've already got one thing down that makes for a good photographer, and that's the angle you had! Getting down on the floor with him is a great idea!