Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Hey, Can You Breathe in There?

Poor Reagan. We got hoodwinked at the vet this morning, again! I had written in this post about our trauma last fall in Washington about needing to get the Bordetella vaccine for Kennel Cough but them only having the intra-nasal kind at the vet clinic there. So, when we first moved here, I specifically asked if they had the injectable kind and they said yes! And I was happy. I made an appointment this morning to get the vaccine for her because we have to put her in a kennel while we go to San Diego over Bill's break in a couple weeks (Side Note: First time in her entire life in a kennel. Pray for us because that WILL NOT be a pleasant experience for anyone.). So we got back to the exam room and the vet tech said to hold her so that her face was pointing out. Wait, what?!? There should be no face involved whatsoever!! But, of course, this is a military clinic so they can change whatever whenever they darn well please, so it was "sorry, we only have the intra-nasal Bordetella now." FREAKIN' PERFECT. O.K., may I remind you that she's a pug? Nothing should be going up into her nose. Her nasal passages are minuscule compared to other dogs. Oh, and she fought me hard too. You probably could have clothed another dog with all the hair that was left on my jacket from her fighting me so hard.

Poor, poor puppy.

1 comment:

The Withers Family said...

Poor Puppy! I know about that bordatella thing, but at least with the pug you know the stuff is definitely being absorbed! Madison isn't even a year old and she's already spent nearly a week (over 3 visits) at the kennel. Not to mention an overnight at the Emergency Animal Hospital from when her foot got broken, plus the overnight from when she was spayed (those were GREAT days for me).