Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Aren't They Pretty?

These are my new running shoes that I bought while we were in San Diego. I went to Road Runner Sports where I had a fit analysis done for me. The Fit Tech dude had me walk on a electronic sensor that essentially took a blueprint of my foot to determine my arch type. He then had me run on a treadmill while he videotaped my feet to see how I ran. I learned several little things that will hopefully making my running more comfortable. For example, while I normally wear a Size 7 1/2 shoe, my running shoes should be an 8 to allow more room around the top of my foot (I bruised my right big toe very badly during the half marathon because I needed more room around it). I also learned that my feet roll slightly inward when I run, which might explain my shin pain, and that I have a medium arch. Add all these things together and I need a Size 8 shoe in the Stability category (does any of this sound familiar, Chelle?). I was also pleasantly surprised to learn that I could get these shoes under $100. I fully expected to pay more than that, so to make up for it, I bought some more running socks. Heck yeah! I tried the new shoes out this morning, and they felt great!

6 comments:

Chelle said...

Yippee! I love when places know what they are doing. Looks like a great shoe, happy miles friend!

Tracy said...

Very cool shoes Stacie! Happy running!

Hope you guys enjoyed the 1st half of break.

threeforme said...

Dude, I had no idea there was a whole analysis thingo that could be done. I may have to look into that. Not that I've broken the 4.5 mile marker yet...

Ginger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ginger said...

You bought socks with your extra money?
Uh. good choice.

I would have bought socks, too.. or a book of poetry.. or a piece of cake.. or oooh, a martini - one of the really expensive ones that involves fruit slices!!!

(We are starting to learn some of the many reasons why Ginger is not a marathon runner)

and yes, they ARE pretty shoes..

Organized Chaos said...

Now you need to try Yankz lace locks. I tried a few kinds and like these best. Just google it and check them out. The are elastic laces you use that you adjust one time to the appropriate fit and comfort and then just slip your foot in and out and never tie your shoes again. Plus the elastic has the perfect amount of give when running and your laces never come undone. At the least it will make you look like a professional runner.