Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Half Marathon Pictures!

Me at about 100 yards from the finish line. Sexy, right? But do you see the girl in green right behind me? I had been chasing her the whole race and finally caught up with her and passed her right at that moment. Awesome! Edit: Yeah, the girl in green behind my left shoulder who's running, not the one in the wheelchair. Apparently that befuddled some.


My runnin' buds. From left to right, Donny, Me, Angie (her husband was our photographer), Alicia, Becky, Jose, Rich, Bethany and Odette. Donny, Jose and Rich are TPS students in Bill's class and the rest of us are wives of TPS students.


A close-up of the shirt Angie got us to wear for the race. See the stain on the front? That's blood, people! My battle wound this time was sports bra burn.


The back of the shirt. A statement which I can get behind 100 percent. Running makes me forget about everything else.


My medal.


You can view more pictures from the race on the TPS website under "Social Photos."

6 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

congrats! That is awesome. Hope I have some photos crossing a finish line this summer.

Pam Francis said...

O.k. I have to admit when you said you finally caught up with the girl in the green, I couldn't actually see the women on your left. What caught my eye was the girl in the wheel chair who also appears to be wearing a green shirt. Which gave me a little ha-ha time.

Congrats on your race, you are so brave.

Chelle said...

I am loving those pictures! It's always nice to have someone to chase down, especially as you cross the finish line! The shirts you all had are awesome, so you were probably making folks smile along the way too. See, big accomplishment, and you made others smile. I would say that was a good race. HOORAY FOR YOU!

Ginger said...

Wow! You're my hero!

I love the shirt slogan! You should market it.

And I didn't know one could get sports bra burn! (said the girl who didn't need a bra until she was 28, and who didn't do anything ultra sporty until... yesterday.)

Erin said...

You are so cool! Congrats on running the race. And doing well!

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Blood? From your sports bra?

And you do this for FUN?!?

And speaking of ha-ha, I love Pam's comment about the ha-ha time. I can totally hear you saying that.

So, running is cheaper than therapy. I love my working out time for that reason. Although I am also going to therapy. So I guess I'm not actually saving any money there.

Great, now I'm depressed.