Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Monday, January 23, 2006

My Little Man

I have reached the point of realization that my tiny, little baby is becoming a boy; and sometimes much worse, a toddler boy. Don't get me wrong, I love the sleeping through the night, the playing with the toys and the fact that he now recognizes his daddy and I as his parents and as people that he sort of digs. However, he has started the oh-so-lovely throwing of the tantrum when he doesn't get what he wants RIGHT NOW. I have also figured out that the reason it has been so easy to put him to bed at night by just laying him down and allowing him to fall asleep on his own is because he just doesn't like to be rocked or held in any way, shape or form that resembles being held like a baby. He arches his back and fights until you rearrange him to be upright. This made the airplane ride to Missouri tons of fun, as you can imagine. It is very true when they say that they grow up fast so I guess I better just get used to it! I still miss my little snuggle-bug, though!

2 comments:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Ok, I totally love these pictures. LOVE THEM. Look at him in a high chair and everything! I don't think I've ever seen him in a high chair! What a big boy--excuse me--little man.

Pam Francis said...

I've decided tha your "little man" doesn't look so musch like Sgt. Brass anymore. He's got Bill's mouth, your eyes and the postman's nose?

About the snuggle thing...I've got a near 3 year old who still wants me to hold her. Wanna trade? Actually mines potty trained so never mind.