Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Monday, November 19, 2007

The Q's New Ride

Well, not yet. But very, very soon.

I initially went into our whole minivan buying process screaming from the top of my lungs, "I'm a Toyota girl! And there's nothing you can do about it!" I LOVE my Camry. Love it, love it, love it. But with kids and strollers and dogs and kennels and portable DVD players that he insists on holding in his lap then he pushes all the buttons so it turns off and I have to reach back there and try to fix it while driving... Well, you get the picture. So I said, We need more room, let's go drive the Toyota Sienna because I know I won't want anything else. And we did. But it just didn't feel special. I don't know what it was. Maybe it's because they've had the same body style for the past few years. I don't know.

But, behold. The 2008 Chrysler Town & Country. Redesigned. Dual TV screens. Sirius Backseat TV with Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Disney Channel. 20 GB hard drive for pictures and songs. iPod? I don't need no stinking iPod! GPS Navigation. How in the heck do you get to Disneyland or any other place in this big freakin' state? Why here, let me show you!

Look how pretty:


These are pictures of our actual van (thanks for taking them, Bethanie!), but it is sitting in Missouri right now. My dad is a Chrysler salesman there and he ordered it for us. It was built an hour away at the plant in St. Louis and was delivered to his dealership last Friday. After Bill graduates from TPS on December 8th, he and I and dog and boy are all piling into the Camry and taking a road trip to Missouri. Once we get there, we will trade in the Camry and pick up the van.

It's all so very, very freakin' exciting.

7 comments:

Pam Francis said...

Not to be a buzzkill, but its a VAN!

Daisy Chick said...

but seriously - I am happy for YOU! Oh how did our parents every get on with only a paper map and their kids having a walkman? Ahh the good old days.....

Tracy said...

Very Cool!

Welcome to the mini van family! You will soon be the owner of a brand new FUAAV.


FUAAV... that would be the Family Urban Aerial Assault Vehicle

Congrats!

Erin said...

OH, the excitement over a new car. I like that feeling. But a mini-van? WHAT? You need a Suburban. Trust me, I got TWO big dogs, two kids, two kennels and all our clothes/stuff in that thing and didn't even have to fold down the 3rd row. NICE. But I'm sure you'll love your mini-van, too. Heh. ;)

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Why you gotta be hatin' on the Toyota? You are making your Camry cry.

hahahaha

Just kidding, it is a very pretty van.

Even if it is, in fact, a van.

Q said...

Just to deflect some of the attention away from Staci...the minivan was really my idea in the beginning (read 5+ yrs ago). I've always hated SUVs. Sure their "cool" and look good...but I've never seen a kid less than 5 who can get in and out of one on his/her own. Also, the third row in an SUV is nearly impossible to get into, and unless you get a Peterbilt then you give up luggage room. Also, gas mileage...really.

BigBry said...

SUVs do suck, but for some reason I keep hearing the Brady Bunch Theme Song.....Here's the story, Of a lovely lady, Who was bringing up three very lovely girls.
All of them had hair of gold, Like their mother, The youngest one in curls.........


(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkeGOH5vy7I)

PS It is a very pretty vehicle with some very good features. The leather is definitely a must with children. We would have two cars with ruined seats if we did not have leather.