Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Monday, December 25, 2006

Santa Claus Was Here!

We had a great Christmas today! Santa Claus came to visit last night and he left Aaron a Cars pop-up play tent, a Fisher Price Little People Farm and a little table set with two chairs. So far Aaron has enjoyed everything, I think, except we keep having incidents with the little chairs. He's not tall enough to back up and sit down on the chair so he has to actually climb up on it and sit down. So far this has meant about four falls and a skinned chin because he's having problems with the sitting down part once he gets up on the chair. I look at it as a learning experience, though, because he needs to learn how to properly sit in a chair and that they're not mini jungle gyms! It's also a learning experience for me as I grow less and less fond of hardwood floors everyday we're in this house. I miss my carpet!!! Anyway, here are some pictures from Christmas morning.








Of course, the most spoiled puppy on Earth also got a visit from Santa Claus!



For Christmas dinner, Daddy fried a turkey for the very first time in his life (and he didn't burn the house down, thank you very much!) and I made yummy potato casserole and broccoli casserole (staples in my house growing up. Stop gagging, Dad!). It all turned out really well!

P.S. Check out this post from exactly a year ago today:

Baby's First Christmas

I came across that Santa hat just a couple days ago! We couldn't get it on his big 'ole head! He's getting so big!

P.P.S. A few words for everyone at Fisher Price, Playskool, Mattel, etc. Why do we need a freakin' jackhammer in order to break into the boxes which contain your toys?!? Holy crap, it took Santa 45 minutes to set out Aaron's Little People Farm last night! Honestly. I get the whole make-it-look-awesome-in-the-box thing so that kids will see it in the stores and make their parents buy it for them, but still! Why must it be such a pain?!?

2 comments:

Pam Francis said...

A couple of comments about opening the “freakin’” packages. One thing you will never have to experience is the way they sew a plastic piece through doll hair (Barbie hair, etc.) in order to keep it smooth in the box. Not only do you have to contend with the one hundred darn twist ties and the jaws of life even to get the package open, but then you have to manage to get this plastic doo-dad off Barbie’s head without having her lose half of her hair. Aah! And it’s not just the toys. I had some nice jingle bell napkin rings I used for dinner last night. I kid-you-not, I had to untwist 18 freakin’ twist ties to free them from the box!!!! Thanks for letting me vent.

The Withers Family said...

Yea Santa!! Santa didn't leave any packages with freakin' twist ties or hard plastic under our tree. But the Grandparents came with their own boxes and bags that had twist ties. Try unravelling the ones they wrap around remote control car tires without chucking the whole thing out the window for sheer frustration. And Pam, I have unwrapped my share of dolls...it doesn't matter if you have a boy or a girl or couple of one or the other: IT NEVER GETS BETTER!

The hard plastic stuff that hermetically seals things like knives and cool stuff at Costco, now that's a real pain! I broke my scissors trying to open one of those. My tip: use a box-knife. The good kind. With a metal body.