Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Our New Home!

Well, new to us, anyway. We have finally moved into our new home here in California and have actually been able to sleep in our own beds for two nights in a row! So sweet! Here are some pictures of our house.

This is the front of our house.


The kitchen.


The living room. We still have a lot of work to do in here but we've got the most important thing set up - the T.V. complete with Directv and TiVo, baby! Heck, yeah!


Our gigantic backyard. There's hardly any grass in it but, you know, whatever! The kids are going to get lost forever back here!


The view from our back door. You can't tell right now but the view is really pretty in the morning with the sun coming up.


I'm not sure if it's just my profound inexperience concerning living in the desert, since we've been here a grand total of two weeks, but I actually really kind of like our house. We have been inundated with horror stories from previous TPS classes about old, rickety houses that have been besieged with spiders, mice, scorpions and other lovely wildlife, but, so far, we have not come across any of these things. We have taken the necessary precautions, such as spraying the crap out of both the inside and outside of the house for bugs and cleaning everything in sight before we use it. I think we have gotten pretty lucky with the house we were able to snag. It seems to be extremely clean compared to the others we looked at and it backs up against a road in the middle of base instead of the desert, which should hopefully keep the wildlife situation under control. We are about five houses down from the playground on our street, so we should be able to frequent that quite a bit.

So far this living on base thing hasn't been too shabby!

1 comment:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Dude! I've been off the grid for a while because of the traveling to Texas and the craziness therein. Now I get to check your blog and I see pictures! Of your house! Which seems to me to look quite a bit like mine at Scott. At least the kitchen looks a little similar from what I can see. But the (gas!) stove top is in a different place.

I'm so happy you haven't had any visitors come in to play with the Boy or carry Reagan away.

I love how you say "the kids" will get lost in the backyard and I totally know you are really talking about one kid and one DOG.

I'm so stoked that you are so close to the playground as well! That's awesome for the walking of the Reagan and the playing for Aaron.

I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to come visit and check it out! Get that TiVo warmed up for our serious Scrubs and Office watching!

L