Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Saturday, February 25, 2006

We're Getting There!

I have decided again to try to teach Aaron how to drink out of a sippy cup. I had tried to start this a couple months ago when I started him on solids, but he thought the sippy cup was just a toy. Now he at least knows that the spout actually goes in his mouth, even though I don't think he gets that something is supposed to come out of it. I've been trying to work on it with him by first putting his pacifier in his mouth and have him suck on it a few times, then yank it out and stick the sippy cup spout in, hoping that he'll continue the sucking motion and figure out that something will actually come out of the spout. So far, this doesn't seem to be working but I know persistance is the key at this age!

No comments: