Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Tiny Breakthroughs That Make Up for the Gigantic Frustrations

Do you see this boy right here?


This boy is having birthday cake for breakfast. Why, you may ask? Because I'm the best mommy in the world? Not quite. This boy is eating birthday cake for breakfast because he kept his Pull-up dry ALL NIGHT LONG, then went pee-pee in the potty when he got out of bed this morning. O.K., it wasn't as easy as I make it sound. He only went pee-pee after sitting on the potty for literally a half hour while subjecting me to the most pitiful wailing and crying you have every heard. At Minute 28, he had just finished telling me through tears and snot that he was "all done with potty" when the gusher came down below (all over the front of the toilet but that's O.K.).

Of course, since then, he has pooped in his Pull-ups twice but I blame that on myself. We had friends over this morning and Mommy did the exact wrong thing and put him in a Pull-up because it's just easier. Plus, getting him to sit on the potty was like pulling teeth while his friend Caleb was here to play with him, so I just let it go. So, after naptime, we start again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.