Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Friday, February 8, 2008

Oh, How I Love Him

As I'm sitting here blogging, my son has now been in his room for an hour and 45 minutes without falling asleep for his afternoon nap. However, he has not gotten off his bed. All those toys in there and the only thing he has been doing is talking to himself, with an occasional kick to the wall (not maliciously. I think he plays by putting his foot through the slats along the back of his bed and he occasionally hits the wall behind.). He does this every morning as well. I wake up to the sound of him talking, but he does not get up from the bed until I open his bedroom door to go get him.

I guess I should enjoy this while it lasts.

2 comments:

Amy said...

First off, I love the picture at the top of your blog. Where did you take it? I KNOW it wasn't in the desert!

Secondly, I am coming over to your house right now to teach the boy how to get up, play, raise you know what and just generally be a boy. Don't worry, I'll also teach him to open the door... Misery loves company!

Double A's Mom said...

Amy-

Bill took it at White Sands in New Mexico. Yeah, we don't get that kind of pretty around here...

I know, I feel for you with your nightly (and early morning) visitor. I'm not really sure why but Aaron has always been a good sleeper and has been really easy as far as getting him to go to bed and stay there. Hopefully I haven't jinxed it (or that the next kid will be a nightmare in that arena!).