Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Laundry Day


I think it's about time, don't you think?

I was playing with the settings on my camera again today with this shot. The above shot is my favorite. It was taken with a White Balance setting called "Shade." I also took the shots below:

Auto mode:


See how bright it is in the front with the shadow in the back? I hate that. And it so doesn't mimic the actual lighting situation that was occurring at the time.

Then there's the Incandescent mode:


I suppose there's a situation where this will look good but, so far, it just looks blue to me.

3 comments:

Organized Chaos said...

That looks like about 3 days worth in our house! We have so much more laundry when we're both working out (and a few bed wetting accidents don't help...the kids, not us). Maybe we should give up exercise!

Erin said...

Yep, that's us right now with the laundry piled high. Better get on that...

So anyway, the incandescent mode is for when you really have a lot of normal overhead lighting or lamps on, but don't want to use the flash. If you use the flash (direct or external) it will be blue, just like you got! :) Try taking a pic in aperture priority and switch the white balance to incandescent, turn off the flash, and turn on some overhead lights. See how the color turns out then. And let me know. I want to make sure I'm not telling you crap. :)

Double A's Mom said...

Thanks, Erin! I'll try that out!