Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Development Update

Aaron is growing so fast! I am totally amazed at the new things that he does everyday. He has become more interested in his toys now which delights me to no end since we've had them since before he was born! He will grab them, take a look at them and then usually try to find out how they taste! Tummy time is becoming less traumatic and every once in a while, he might even roll over onto his back for you! He is not yet rolling over from his back to his stomach, but I don't think it will be very long. When we feed him, he is now trying to hold the bottle himself. Usually it's a fight to actually keep the bottle in his mouth when he's trying to be so helpful, but at least he's trying! We are not giving him solids just yet. We are going to wait until after our Thanksgiving trip to Texas when we are settled back in at home and will be here for a while. He also is not quite yet displaying some of the cues to show me that he is ready, such as being able to sit upright (he's still pretty wobbly) and good head control (he can hold his head up but I wouldn't call it steady). We have plenty of time, however, since solids are normally started sometime between four and six months. We'll get there! He also is not sleeping completely through the night yet. I usually put him down around 8:30 and he'll sleep until 4:00 or 5:00 in the morning, have a bottle, then go back down until around 7:30. This is pretty great, though, compared to a couple months ago when I was up with him every two hours! The coolest thing that he is doing now, though, is he has started to full-on giggle and laugh! This is why we have kids! It's the best!

1 comment:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

I just come for the pictures.

Oh. My. Freakin'. Gosh. I love that picture of him on his TUMMY! I totally saved it to my computer. I love it. Dude!

He's a keeper!