Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Baby's First Day of Preschool

Today Aaron started preschool. I have been taking him to the Child Development Center (CDC) here on base a few times a week since we moved here a year and a half ago, so you wouldn't think this would be a very big deal. But it was. Trust me. Aaron's teacher's name is Ms. Heather and she runs the preschool out of her home. Aaron will go Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8:30-11:30 each day. There are only five other kids besides Aaron and most of them are three years old, just like him, with maybe a couple of the kids being four. What's even better is two of Aaron's TPS friends, Delaney and Landon, are in the class with him as well! (Their daddies were in Bill's TPS class last year.)

I can report that Aaron had a very good day today. Ms. Heather called him a "bright kid" because he spouted out his letters and numbers like they were old news. He did get into a small scuffle with another kid (we had that problem a lot at the CDC) but Ms. Heather got on him immediately and told him to use his words instead of hitting. And he was fine after that. He also had an potty accident, but we're still working on that. I think Aaron had a great day and we can't wait for Thursday!

I have pictures but I was in such a hurry this morning (I'm never on time for anything), that I didn't have time to adjust important things like, you know, the settings and flash. So some pictures look orange and some are not quite in focus. Oh, well.

First day of preschool!

"Cheese!"
"You know I'm rockin' my new backpack and my combed hair!" Well, new backpack to him. Grandma Q sent it months ago but I've been saving it for just such a special occasion!

"I said 'cheese,' woman! Dang!"
Walking in like a big boy.

Aaron and his very own cubby!! Something else he didn't have at the CDC - his very own place in the world!! (Again, sorry about the flash.)

2 comments:

Erin said...

Yay! What a big day for you guys. I'm glad he had such a good day. And the whole getting somewhere on time thing? Yeah, I'm right there with you. Good thing I'm homeschooling or Callie'd either be really early or really late to school. At least her preschool teacher didn't have a problem with it!

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Dude, he's TOTALLY rockin' the combed hair! He looks adorable. I am so, so glad the first day went well, and I hope Thursday went just as well. I think him being only one of six will be so, so good for him. All those CDC issues will be a distant memory very, very soon.

And you go, Stace, I know it wasn't easy, but YOU did it too! I'm so proud of you!