Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Friday, June 9, 2006

Aaron's First 1st Birthday Party

While Aaron and I were visiting family a couple weeks ago, we celebrated his 1st birthday for the first time so that my family in Missouri could share it with us. Bill's family will be here in Washington visiting starting in about a week and a half, so this is when we plan on having Aaron's second 1st birthday party. No, he's not spoiled! Everyone gets two birthday parties! Didn't you know that? Anyway, here are some pics of Aaron's birthday party, Missouri-style.

The party decorations. Airplanes, of course! Do you think this kid's going to be brainwashed?
The cake I made for him, sweetened only with apple juice concentrate and unsweetened applesauce. Yeah, just call me Martha Stewart!
No cake smashed in the face with this boy! He's way too prissy for that! I actually had to cut up his cake before he even would take a bite! By the way, check out the little piggies! It was so hot in Missouri when we were there that this was the first time Aaron went without socks for like days on end! We didn't even travel to MO with sandals. I had to make an emergency stop at Wal-Mart to get him a pair!
The ice cream cake that I bought from Dairy Queen for everyone else. I actually couldn't stomach Aaron's cake! I needed sugar!
Our Missouri peeps - from left, my Aunt Julie, my Granny, my sister Bethanie holding Baby Stiehl and Paul, Stiehl's daddy.

1 comment:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

I don't know which is sadder--the fact that you actually made him a cake sweetened only with juice and apple sauce, or that you bought your own ice cream cake because you wouldn't eat his!

I love it!

I can't wait until the big day!