Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Swimming And Standing, There's Nothing This Boy Can't Do!

Today was yet another big day of firsts. This morning was Aaron's first day of swim class at the YMCA. He wasn't as hesitant this time getting into the water with me, but he is still weary. We also need to work on his attention span. He spent pretty much the whole class watching the class at the other end of the pool, where the "big" kids (the 3-5 year olds) were at. Aaron's class consisted of singing songs (which, by the way, is a bit strange since our instructor is a young twenty-something male with earrings in both ears. He does a mean rendition of "The Wheels On The Bus," though, so who am I to complain?) and moving back and forth across the pool, practicing our kicking and swimstrokes. Aaron is getting more and more brave every time we go swimming (no tears this time! Yahoo!) so I am really glad I decided to join the YMCA.

As for the standing part, this is a picture of how I found him after realizing he wasn't underneath my feet for more than a few seconds. Apparently there was something very interesting in the bathtub because it motivated him enough to get up on his feet instead of just his knees. This, of course, presents a whole new set of concerns, especially when I find him standing up in his crib in the morning or when he's trying to stand up underneath the dining room table and not realizing he's too tall for that!

1 comment:

Erin said...

He's getting to be such a big boy! And what a smile. I can't wait to see my Avery smile like that!