Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Staci And Lisa's Weekend Of Fun!

The above title is supposed to be read with your best Janice voice in mind. Do you remember the episode of Friends where Joey and Janice go out all alone for an entire day of fun because Janice thinks this will get Joey to like her so that he will hang out with her and Chandler more? Joey and Janice's Day of Fun! Anyway, I digress. Last Wednesday was my birthday and last Thursday was Lisa's birthday so we decided to jam pack this weekend with fun activities to do together instead of sitting at home feeling mopey because we were by ourselves on yet another birthday. Both of our husbands are out on trips. We OF COURSE took tons of pictures so we could share our weekend with you! Yay! So here you go.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Day One of Fun
On Wednesday, Lisa and I left the kiddos with babysitters and went to dinner at a really great Italian restaurant called Marzano's. We ate and talked and drank wine and reminisced about what it was like to sit down and have a nice, civilized dinner without worrying about if we packed enough snacks and timing when we need to leave before the meltdowns commence! Aaron, as it turns out, didn't do that well with the babysitters. We were only gone for two hours but when we walked in, he was crying big alligator tears which they said he had been doing the whole time we were gone. Oh, my heart just broke! I know though the only way to remedy this is to keep leaving him with babysitters, it's just going to be hard the first few times.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Day Two of Fun
On Thursday, we drove up to Bellevue Square, a really awesome mall that has several stores that we don't have around here. As soon as we got there we had lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. So yummy! And it turns out they are actually very kid-friendly. They had no problems with us needing three high chairs and they even gave us kiddie snacks (sourdough and pumpernickel bread and a banana cut into slices) to munch on while we waited for our food! We then hit the stores, including Pottery Barn Kids (Love that store! Spend way too much money in that store!), Gymboree(ditto) and Stride Rite. The whole reason for our trip though was to go to the Apple store. Both Lisa and I received iPods for our birthdays from the husbands and we needed to look at accessories! It's a good thing the kiddos are such good shoppers!
---------------------------------------------------------------
Day Three of Fun
We took the kiddos to the Spring Fair on Friday. I made sure Aaron took a good nap before we went.
When we finally got to the Fair, we ate lunch then walked around the fairgrounds. We stopped at some hay bales to take some pictures as well as at the fire truck (Check out Aaron! He's a Junior Firefighter!), and then moved on to the Kids' Zone and played with the cool toys in there. Last fun stop for the kiddos was the petting zoo. We saw goats, cows, pigs (who, by the way, seemed to get doted over more than Aaron does!) and little chicks. So much fun!
Lisa and I were able to treat ourselves to the main attraction at the Fair - the Spring Garden Show. We looked at all the flowers and displays and ended buying these really neat planters with spikes in the bottom to hold the flowers up. So cool!
---------------------------------------------------------------
Day Four of Fun
Saturday was such a gorgeous day that Lisa and I decided to take the kiddos to a great park in our area where they have planted tons of tulips and daffodils as well as these huge trees with gorgeous flowers. We got the kids all dressed up, fixed hair, and tried to get some fancy pictures. Sometimes it worked and sometimes, not so much! We first stopped at Dairy Queen for some fuel.









While we were at the DQ, Aaron showed us his new "Bitter Beer Face" (Athena, you know what I'm talking about!). This face was due to the Green Beans and Rice that I was trying to feed him!
We then moved on to the park. This was one of the first pictures that I took. It kind of freaks me out. If you've seen The Ring, you know why.
Other than that, we got some great pictures.
I have figured out, however, since the weather is starting to become nice that I really need to get Aaron outside more. At one point, we found a large patch of grass and let the kiddos crawl and run around. I figured out that Aaron was very weary of the grass! He kept touching it ever so gently then pulling his hand back as if the grass was stabbing him!
Here are some more pictures from our day.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Day Five
Ahhhh, Sunday. A day of rest!
---------------------------------------------------------------
Day Six of Fun
Monday was another gorgeous day so Lisa and I took the kiddos down to the park by my house. We could only play for an hour or so, but we still had a great time.
Also, be sure and check out Lisa's post about our weekend here.

5 comments:

Tonia said...

Rece isn't a big fan of grass either!

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Dude! You totally rocked out the blog post about our weekend. I see now why you totally had a blog post draft going! I am so glad. It's so cool to see it from your perspective too. Sorry about the babysitting trauma. We'll have to see about that this weekend, too, DUDE! So fun!

Anyway. Yikes, nice BEADS I'm wearing there. Oh well. At least your picture shows the coolness of the W girls ALL wearing our NOLA beads. If not I'd just look really stupid. Really stupid with rockin' highlights.

Lis

Double A's Mom said...

Your highlights are SO rockin'!

Double A's Mom said...

Oh, and by the way Lisa, do you like the divider lines in my post? Yeah, that was some technical genius right there.

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Ok, so out of nostalgia I just re-read this post... and OH MY GOSH I totally miss you! I wish we could do fun stuff like that again. Let's promise to live close to each other again SOMEday!

And, how funny is this: as I was reading and I saw myself in that picture, I thought, "Nice necklace I've got on there!" And then I see that 3 years ago I totally wrote that! At least I'm consistent!

I love you, Stace!