Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Monday, March 16, 2009

Spoiler Alert!!

Hi! Remember me? Yeah, it's been over a month since I've posted. I'm so lame. I'm just so bored with my blog. I need a new template or something. Anyone have any ideas?


Anyway, we found out about five weeks ago what the sex of the new baby is. Anyone who doesn't want to know, look away right now! I'm serious! O.K., here it goes:


Yes, another boy! We are excited! I think there was a slight twinge of disappointment at first, because we are definitely done after this one and I will never have a beautiful little girl named Lauren (I have loved that name since high school). But then we started thinking about all the stuff we're not going to have to buy (girl clothes, weddings, etc.) and we started feeling better about it. My only real major concern is behavioral issues. It has been no secret that I have struggled with Aaron for the past couple years (aggressiveness, stubbornness, just pure defiance) and I'm not sure if these are Aaron-specific behaviors or boy-specific and I just haven't handled them very well. I thought if I had a girl, things would calm down around here (even though I know that's not always the case; I'm sure those with girls would probably agree with me!). I think we finally have a name picked out, which adds to the excitement, but that's a secret until Birth Day!

So, here we go. My journey with two boys. I grew up surrounded by girls so I feel like everyday is a new learning experience for me. But honestly, I would much rather play cars than Barbies anyway. That's the way I've always been. Maybe this is just another one of God's ways of showing me what's best.

7 comments:

Chelle said...

Congrats!

Organized Chaos said...

So that's what those parts look like on an ultrasound!? Never seen them before.

I think girls are easier when they are young...but I think there are paybacks once puberty hits and then it switches! So you're in the rough years and I'm just going to hit them later...times 3, maybe 4! Yikes.

I understand the momentary sadness of having one sex if you've wanted both boys and girls. I'm struggling with that even now as I assume a fourth girl...at the same time I see a lot of pros and am just thankful for my healthy kids.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

Ginger said...

They always say that the first baby is for the parents and the second baby is for the first one. If that's true, then you've created brothers (!) and how awesome is that!?!!

Also, a girl might have been a calming influence, but a boy might be, too. He will definitely be a learning experience (in a good way) for Aaron.

I've often thought about if/when I have another baby, and I would love a little girl. But genetics on Rich's side dictate that we will only bear sons until the end of the world. (sigh) Oh well..

Congrats to you on your new sweet baby boy!!

** Also, maybe Jen from Following the Footsteps could hep with a makeover. She did an awesome job with Bug Barn..

Erin said...

Congratulations! You're going to have TWO boys. Wow. I always thought I'd have boys when I was in college and here I am, two girls later. We were a teeny tiny bit disappointed when we found out Avery was a girl but of course that disappeared quickly; we thought the same way you did--no new clothes, woohoo! And just so you know, Callie was (still is sometimes) stubborn as a durn MULE and would flat out tell me NO quite a bit when she was younger. Avery's starting to get into that now, just not as bad. I'd venture to say it's not a "boy thing" or "Aaron thing" you're going through with him, but an "age thing". It'll get better. You'll be great with two boys. Just wait and see!

Pam Francis said...

No words of wisdom about two babies here. I do know that if you have one you can sneak your child in with people who have two or more and they'll never know. (heh, heh)

So about the name issue...you are going to name THIS one James Tiberius right!! Remember, by having a second boy this is God's way of telling you your sister-in-law has a good idea.

Tricia said...

I think a second boy is going to be great. It's just what Aaron needs:) As for your blog, go to www.thecutestblogontheblock.com They have free background and that's where i get mine. If you want you can just go to my blog and click on the link in the upper right corner :) Can't wait to see what you do!

Tonia said...

I can give you some hope! I have struggle with Rece in big ways, I think you know. But Carmine is a whole different ballgame. He is so sweet and loving and calm! It could happen to you!!