Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Rock Star Mommy

I feel like such a rock star because, this weekend, I'm off on a jet plane by myself to run this:


Actually, I'm running the half marathon, not the full, but it's still all so very exciting. I'm very excited because 1) I love to run, 2) I love the Air Force and 3) I finally get to say that I've been to Dayton, Ohio. Why is that last one such a big deal? Well, I seem to be surrounded by people who have, at one point or another, been associated with Dayton or nearby Wright-Patterson AFB. Bill's parents met at the University of Dayton and were married there. Several of Bill's TPS classmates came from the AFIT (Air Force Institute of Technology) program at Wright-Patt. Bill has been there a few times for various reasons. And I want to go! So this should be a lot of fun. Wish me luck!!

10 comments:

Erin said...

That's exciting! Have fun and do GREAT! :)

Tracy said...

Rock on Stacie!

Do us proud.. Can't wait to hear about it when you get back.

The Collegiate Soccer Mod said...

That's rad! You go girl! Good luck! And BTW - one other link to WPAFB - I was BORN there!

All my family from Ohio basically live in Xenia right next to Dayton. It was the last stop on my grandpa's Air Force run.

Double A's Mom said...

Oh my goodness! See? Everyone's been there!

Amy said...

Staci-
Good luck! I know you'll do well. Enjoy Dayton... I can safely say I don't miss it there!

Chelle said...

Enjoy it, and can't wait to hear how it goes. And, I've never been to Dayton...oh well.

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Nope, never been either.

threeforme said...

how'd it go? jealous that you got out of town (even if I have never had the desire to go there) without your kid!

Jen said...

We came here from Wright-Patt also. Congrats on the race! I'm so impressed by your dedication to running!

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Dude. Did the race kill your desire to post pics or blogs??? Where's my Stace???