Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Monday, July 7, 2008

Aaron's Birthday Party

This year, Aaron had a Blue's Clues party for his birthday. Over the past few months, he has rediscovered Blue's Clues (I used to show it to him when he was very little, but he was having nothing to do with it unless it involved Little Einsteins) and since then he can't get enough of "Clues Clues." So, of course, Mommy had an excellent time running around finding favors (pencils, hi-bounce balls, tattoos, bubbles and even little, real life Handy Dandy Notebooks!), tablecloths, balloons that match Blue perfectly, etc., etc. etc. Yeah, I know. Aaron doesn't give a crap but it was fun for me!!

We had the party at the Jungle Zone here on base. The Jungle Zone is an indoor play area which gets used frequently because it's usually too flippin' hot to do anything outside after 9:00 a.m. We had pizza lunch with veggies and dip, my friend Lisa's Strawberry Salad (I make that all the time, dude! But I always give you credit!) and pretzels. For dessert, I had a gorgeous cake made from someone in town, even though it kind of embarrasses me to say that. My plan had been to make a cake myself that was a paw print (like the clues on the show) but my prototype did not turn out well at all. Oh well. The cake was very yummy (white cake with chocolate mousse layers) so that made up for it, I think. Here are some pictures from our day (only a few because I didn't really have time to take very many!):

2 comments:

Erin said...

Cake with mousse layers?! I would've saved that whole thing for MYSELF. And you are not the only one who loves shopping for birthday party accessories more than the birthday kid. :) (We'd had Dora, princesses, and Curious George explosions at our house)

Pam Francis said...

If it makes you feel any better, I too had Lilly's birthday cake (cupcakes actually) brought in this year and didn't do it myself either. Picking out the theme and decorations is so much more fun!