Lilypie
Lilypie
www.flickr.com

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Our Little Helper

The title to this post has just a tiny hint of sarcasm to it in case you weren't able to catch it. Aaron has moved into the phase that I've seen every little kid go through (and which I have been dreading just a teeny, tiny bit) where they must be in the middle of EVERYTHING that you're trying to accomplish. I have lamented to my dad before about how it now takes twice as long to complete any task, be it showering, loading the dishwasher, reading a book, etc., etc., etc., because you have this thing that also wants to participate and can't understand why I won't let him "help" or, at the very least, satisfy his own curiosity. Here are some examples.

Aaron climbing into the laundry basket and "helping" Mommy fold the laundry by chewing on Daddy's socks.
Daddy was so grateful to have Aaron's help trying to figure out our new vacuum cleaner - not!
While trying to get our stuff packed for our trip to Texas, I came into the living room and found this in our suitcase. Oh, yeah, and of course there were folded clothes in the bottom of the suitcase that he was trampling all over. Do you remember the part about everything taking twice as long to accomplish? Yeah, I wasn't kidding!
Aaron supervising Daddy grilling our dinner. I think Daddy did a pretty good job!

No comments: